Thursday, November 5, 2009

Low Carbo Diet

I'm practicing on carbonara now. Again I searched the web to source out good recipes. I wanted a recipe with little ingredients so that it's simple.

And I did find it. Turns out that in the original Roman carbonara recipe had no cream, no mushrooms and made with spaghetti. Great! I did not have cream which makes this recipe ideal for me. All it needed was, spaghetti, Parmesan cheese, pancetta and eggs. The egg mix would become like cream sauce for the dish.

I also did not have pancetta so I replaced it with bacon. I bought linguine instead. Kinda preferred that to spaghetti.

I've tried this many times. First time, my egg mix became tiny curdles of egg, the linguine was a little hard and the taste was not really there. Was disappointed but I wanted to do better. My most recent try (probably 5th or 6th), I made sure the pan was not hot so as to not cook the egg so quickly and it did. Looks the nicest compared to the previous batches. But there are things still lacking. The egg mix does not have enough taste, the noodles can be a little softer. And maybe not burnt bacon.

I will try it again until it's good to be sold outside! Hehe.

No comments: