Sunday, August 29, 2010

School and Its Challenges



School started three weeks ago on the 10th of August. Another phase of tertiary education has begun. I was eager to experience what university life will show me. I thought it would be similar to polytechnic education, but I was wrong. Never knew that university would be so difficult to manage.

In the polytechnic, as long as you revise your work, complete your tutorials and finish your assignments on time, it would not be difficult to score a decent grade. I had friends who only studied a month before their exams and still managed to do well. However, it is not the case in university. If you plan to just learn how to tackle questions, you probably be only able to pass. The concepts of the study is the most important which is why questions in exams and tests always change to test students' understanding. And unless you are a genius, you are bound to spend a lot of time revising and going through lecture notes.

Time is another challenge. Juggling time to study, time to rest, time to do outside activities like meeting friends and etc became difficult. Initially, I wanted to join activities in school but I was worried about the work load that slowly piled up over the days. I also started feeling sleepy in class which meant I needed more time for sleep. I would be hit with this thought on some nights, "Should I sleep? But I think I should revise a bit more."

These challenges are just the tips of many icebergs. It is an eye opener, it constantly reminds me of my priorities and the balance. I must also seek the strength of the All Mighty One. I must remind myself not to be swamped with work. How exciting! Thank God for such a wonderful experience.


//Is there a way to upload photos that are as sharp as how you see it in you computer?

No comments: