Thursday, June 28, 2007

Vive La France!

Just recently, the office became more exciting and happening. 5 new French students have arrived to do their internships. 4 of them are from the same school while 1 is from another. They came in batches. 3 came first while 2 came next week. Morven and I got to know them and slowly broke the ice. On Saturday, 16th June, Morven and I went out with them.

However Benedicte, the girl from the other school had to search for an apartment and hence, was unable to go with us. We went to Glenelg beach. Along the way, we chit chatted and shared our experiences, lingo and actions with them and they shared theirs too. It was fun!


We took this picture after lunch. I bought fish and chips but it was not the one I am looking for. I am hunting for big portions of fish and chips wrapped in paper. Blast. I did see one shop along the way to Glenelg which looked like they served that. I MUST test it one day. Anyway, the gentleman with his hands by his ears is my co-boss on the desiccant air con project and his name is Bastien. The gentleman standing up is Julien, the gentleman in red is Alexander and the only lady is Audrey.

We walked around the beach and a lady with her 2 dogs were strolling on the beach. She took her tennis ball and threw it far, her dog went forth and chased it. After retrieving the ball, he did not return to the master but ran to us instead!

"I wished it was a giant meatball!"

We took turns throwing the ball. It was so fun to watch the dog chasing after the ball. The other dog was old and did not participate in the sport.

I want to see my sweet boy~! :(

We stroked her fur while she sat down near us. It reminded me so much about Tiger. Sigh. *Sniff* *Sniff* Can we take a break? (Tears flow from my eyes)











(Does this scene remind you readers of anything? Guess and write your answers in the comment page! The first one to answer correctly will recieve a prize!)










Okay, back to the happy stuff. We walked to places that I have never seen in Glenelg. No shopping this time. I saw a dolphin swimming around dock, a restaurant in a big ship, and The Old Gum Tree. I reckon you can go to a place many times and always find something interesting and new about the place.

Julien! You cheeky boy! Come down!

The day was just all smiles and laughter with occasions of puzzlement. Not to worry because when I come back, my French would have improved and so will their English. Someone was enlightened as well.

"All Clerics go up 1 level"

The sun setted but we could not view it because the clouds covered the sky. It was so relaxing sitting down, facing the big ocean and the overwhelming sky after a hard day's work. God is good, all the time.

Next issue! What makes you truly Australian!? Do not miss out on the formula of becoming a pure Aussieeee! Have a great day!

5 comments:

Kath said...

Wah Aaron, i wanna hear you speak French!

I've always wanted to eat one of those huge portion of fish and chips wrapped in paper... beer battered fish and oily chips...from some roadside stall at the pier-side or beach... yummy! Never had it before but definitely something i wanna eat. I love fish and chips but always am disappointed with the ones we have locally.

aar.n said...

To kathryn: Haha! Just hear Jean Reno speak. He copied my voice.. HAHA! :P

I missed a lot of chances. I'm just dying to try the paper wrapped ones.. Hey Kat, why not we organise a fish and chips lunch/dinner meeting? Hehehe I'll make a mountain of chips! :D

Zen|th said...

I want to climb that tree too. He's french, so I'm sure he climbed that tree with ease. Hahaha.

Anne said...

haha.. divine intervention!

aar.n said...

To zen|th: Haha! I'm not sure if he practices le parkour but I know he watched Yamakasi. Haha. Julien is very funny!

To lurong: Yep it's divine intervention but what about the middle part? Guess Guess and win a prize!!!!