Sunday, March 22, 2009

My First Sewing Project

I bought an iPod Classic online recently with the help of Guan You. Initially, I rejected Apple from the beginning. It was stylish but I wondered if it really had the substance. I also felt that Apple products were made of lousy quality because almost everyone who owns an Apple product has gone to the customer service centre for servicing! I decided to take a more open approach at first impressions and decided to get the iPod. I am also going to test if product failure is caused by poor handling by the owner or the product is just lousy.

The iPod came and I realised I do not have a cover for it. Melanie has an iPod sleeve made from velvet if I am not wrong and is the nicest cover I saw. I do not like the chunky plastic ones or the rubber condoms. I think a simple cloth is enough to prevent scratches. I know it does not cover the impact of drops but if you protect it so much like how the plastic ones do, your iPod becomes so big and it won't look sleek and nice.

So I wanted to get one but the Apple online store did not have it. Even if it did, it would cost a bomb. I tried a few shops in Junction 8 but to no avail. Finally I decided to sew one myself!

Focus focus!

I used leftover cloth from my mother's Ikea curtains and made
this!




Happy happy! :) Following Kathryn's footsteps! Haha!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

aaron!! u are damn cute! lovely pouch. =)

aar.n said...

To jason tan: Haha! Thanks! Can make presents already! :P

Anonymous said...

That looks really good! I need one just like that!

aar.n said...

To Gerome: Go make one of your own! :D

Anonymous said...

Aaron: I fail at arts and crafts. Haha.

amazed. said...

i am quite impressed!

aar.n said...

To Gerome: Can la. You got so much of magic tricks up your sleeve. Haha.

To Smile for me :): Thank you! :D

Kath said...

Wah... Very nice Aaron! BTW if u are inspired to make more, i have loads of scraps - bright, happy designs - for your gal friends. Haha.

aar.n said...

To Kath: Mm, sure thing! I can drop by and take if I got new ideas! :D