Monday, March 30, 2009

Commission loh!

Yes it's a week late! Anyway, I am cadet no more! Trainee no more! One year of listening to instructions has gone and now it's my turn to give the instructions. Commissioning parade went well. A few hiccups on my part and a few around the parade. I'm very sure everyone put in their best performance. There is no point in brooding over it and should just take it as a lesson and move on.

Everyone at this point of time was 'ahm chio-ing'.


"We're proud to present to you the newly commissioned... officers!!"

The commissioning parade is third in order of precedence with National Day Parade coming in first followed by SAF Day Parade. The rehearsals started 2 weeks before the actual event. Afternoon rehearsals were the worst because the sun would shine right on top of us! School Sergeant Major was a very inspiring person. He knew how to push us and when to give us water breaks. The commissioning parade has silent drills in it. Everyone moves accordingly without any word of command but just the sound of the bass drum. My heart beats faster everytime we execute that move. The 14, 1, 2 was also very nice after looking at the video posted up on facebook.

I would do the commissioning parade again if I had the chance. Now I'm posted to Khatib camp as an instructor. I hope my cadets will learn as much as they can and be excellent artillery officers. Likewise myself, be a good example to them and instruct them well.

2 comments:

jason tan said...

of course. i would do comms parade once more without any complaints. the best day in NS life.

Anonymous said...

Hello Sir! Damn dao, didn't reply my sms or did you change your number? Anyway meet up soon!

Weiming
(your BMT mate in case you have forgotten!)