Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Secret Society

It is very difficult for me to take a picture of my working colleagues posing for shot because all of them are busy. Or maybe I do not have the guts. God helped me one day with a blackout. There was no electricity surging through the whole of UniSA. I did not notice it at all because I was cutting fabric under the power of the sun. The only thing I noticed was the BIG evaporative air conditioning unit (2 stories tall) that was churning a huge amount of sound suddenly lost its voice. I was happy because I could hear my radio more clearly.

I looked downstairs and saw the lights were out. Soon, my supervisor came to visit me. He told me about the situation and everyone in the office is just sitting down, unable to do anything. But I had to continue my cutting! He left after a while. I decided to head back to the office after I finished my cuts. The blackout was yet to be rectified. They were all talking about university and about degrees when I returned to the mother ship. It seemed like everyone was slacking. We digressed into races and countries and suddenly my supervisor wanted to take a group picture with his handphone. HAHA! CHANCE! I said, "Want to use my camera? Then I will send to all of you."

"Welcome to OZzie Tour Agency. We have many guides from all over the world"

2 Singaporeans at the back, front row from left, Chinese, German, Indonesian, Egyptian, Chinese. 3 Australians were not present when the photo was taken. A mix of culture and ways of communication. Fantastic. The Chinese girl is a PhD student. The German girl is on a 6 month exchange programme. Her degree is in between bachelors and masters but it is not called honours. It is the German education system and I did not ask further questions. The Indonesian is my supervisor and he is already a doctor along with the Chinese man. I am not sure about the Egyptian. Fantastic.

We will rob the bank tonight! Questions?

These 2 blokes are technicians who aid in many projects. Ivan is the bloke devising the plan, while Patrick is the attentive subordinate. Ivan makes a lot of comical remarks. Ivan is approachable and helpful as well. However I seldom start small talk with the other technicians. I just laugh at their jokes and their way of talking. There are a lot more working in the building as well. Maybe I will take a picture of the notice board that has the pictures of all the staff. Hehe.

Next issue! Don't miss out! Review on the Adelaide Motor Show! E'nuff said!

11 comments:

Zen|th said...

Dude, you've got to learn how to make small talk and level up your social skills. That's one of the first things I learnt once I started working here.

It's always good to make small talk, you'll start enjoying it after a while.

aar.n said...

To zenith: I know it is important but I cannot small talk all the time because there is work to do. I small talk a lot to Patrick because he is working with me. When the time is right lah. I had a chat on the way back with my supervisor today. Haha!

Charmaine said...

OI FISH IN ADELAIDE! WHY YOU GOT NEW BLOG I DUNNNNNNO! :P

Zen|th said...

I think they should be quite relaxed over there right? Don't worry too much about doing work. Haha.

Over here, everyone makes lots of small talk but they all get the job done.

Australia should be pretty relaxed too right?

aar.n said...

To kissthysexybutt: Now you do! :P

To zenith: Yea, they do make small talks regularly but the job will eventually be done and done nicely. Haha

Anonymous said...

Hello Aaron!

aar.n said...

To jessica: Hey! :D

Anonymous said...

hi aaron!! Du bist ein Schwein!!! =)

Eunice T. said...

Hello! How's it going??? It looks like ur liking ur internship there alot! I AM LOVIN' MINE! Hehehe!

aar.n said...

To wt: Nein nein nein. Du bist ein schwein! Ich bin ein schuppenwild! I hope it is correct! :P

To eunice: I am doing fine! Haha yea! I will try to find your milk straws. Haha

Anonymous said...

Schuppenwild? dunno wad's tt but hey!! u're really learning some german there eh? haha... Prima! ;)