Monday, April 23, 2007

The Power to Drive You.

Sorry folks for the 1 week delay. Internet at home is not very smooth and fast so I tend to blog after work in school. My sincere apologies.

Experience is everywhere. You can give yourself a pleasant experience by eating perhaps. Everyday I take pictures of experiences such as this,

and this,

These experiences is invaluable to me. A learning journey and practice for years to come. Skills such as cutting, slicing, mixing, flipping, beating, food arrangement are honed everyday in the kitchen. The more experience you get at doing something, the better you get.

At first, I made sandwiches for dinner for a whole week. Then I changed to eating rice because the bread will expire if I do not eat within 5 days. The bread package is not the same like Singapore where there are 18 slices inside it. It is the jumbo sized one. It was rather restricting. Chicken drumsticks are the cheapest among all the meat available. I have cooked chicken wings before but not drumsticks. First time, I fried the chicken for 1/2 an hour and turned out it was uncooked! I think I did 3 experiments on chicken drumsticks but it was only on the 4th attempt when I succeeded.

I saw Ian cooked chicken thighs and they looked finger lickin' good. I said, "Wah, looks good man. Cooked or not?" Ian replied, "It better be! I have been cooking it for about 1 hour." The missing ingredient to all these is patience. At 30 minutes, it looks cooked but no. I was impatient and wanted to eat the drumstick as soon as I could. Patience is very essential not only in cooking but in everything. Communication, relationships, driving, eating, drinking, waiting for people, etc. Right now, I can cook cooked chicken! If Ian can cook, so can you! Haha!

More interesting food in Adelaide, probably applies to all Australia as well is this,


One all beef patty, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickle, onions on a sesame seed bun.

This would have to be the best McDonald's I have ever tasted! They do not have the metal rows that the workers make and slot the bun to await collection. They do it when you order so it is fresh (I do not think so). The moment I sank my teeth into that burger, I was flying among the clouds! The bun was soft and warm, they added generous amounts of special sauce and lots of lettuce! Indeed it's oh my~. Really good! Singapore's McDonald's are not as good because sometimes you recieve the burger that was made maybe 7 minutes ago and it has become a little cold. It was really great. AU$1.95.

2 flavours that I tried in Subway. The bacon and egg roll, and the pizza sub. The bacon and egg roll was going for a limited time only so must try. $5.95 for a foot long. It was yummy!
Look at the egg!! Oooh boy!


Tasted like..... pizza?

Subway is delish! You won't feel as guilty as other fast food outlets. It was nice but did not have as much impact on me like the Son of Mac did. Sorry for making you people drool. It was not intentional.... NOT! Hahaha! :]

Next issh! I don't know yet! Treat it like a mystery story!

9 comments:

Eunice T. said...

u finished blogging! What's wrong w ur internet at home?

Anyways, the food looks absoluetly Yummy! esp the chicken. :)

D. said...

the bacon and egg roll thgy is making me hungry laaa!

can you send some back?
:D

aar.n said...

To eunice: Yes! It takes a while. Haha Every month, we get 15GB to use at high speed. As you go from webpage to webpage, you watch videos, see pictures, you are slowly reducing the 15GB. 15GB is shared among the housemates which is 5 in total and the landlord said that we have used up our 15GB in 12 days!! So now we are using dial-up instead of ADSL and sharing among 5 which means it is super super super slow when everyone uses it.

DO YOU FEEL LIKE CHICKEN TONIGHT?! :]


To ddaphne: eggs, bacon, pepper, cheese and honey mustard sauce on a honeyoat 1 foot long bread! MUAHAHAH!

Zen|th said...

Subway is what I've been eating most often ever since I started working. Try the Italian B.M.T if they have it over there.

$5.95 for a foot long? That's cheap. Over here it's USD $6.59. Haha.

Anonymous said...

Chicken 101: The secret to cooking chicken lies in the fire. use slow, low heat, so the insides cook and the outside doesn't burn. Alternatively u could skewer the chicken meat first so that it cooks faster. Or u could cut the meat up into smaller pieces.

aar.n said...

To Zen|th: It is a promotional thingy so cheaper. If you get a normal foot long B.M.T will be AU$7.95 or AU$8.95. Rather expensive. Hahaha

To isaac: Whoops, I agree with the fire. 1 hour small fire. Haha! Thank you Chen Kenichi!

Kath said...

Wahhh... all that food looks so good! Never tried a bacon & egg sandwich before, and your chicken drumstick looks good! You are on your way to being a great cook! Come back i let you use my kitchen! haha.

aar.n said...

To kathryn: Haha! Thanks! I'll try my best not to blow up your kitchen!

The I Life said...

Fassy Pants! We can try to make that burger instead of Ramlee next time! Anyway I had my "bring ya own meat" bbq session today! Take good care n God Bless...