Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I'm going to have my very own 4 walls!

Just look at the title once more! Yippee!!

In my life I have only shared rooms at home. Due to space constraints, sacrifices had to be made. Not until one day when my table in the living room was a little cluttered and my father made some noise. I "complained" that I want to keep these things but I do not have space to do so! Discussion followed in the master bedroom. I also did request once to convert the study room which was filled with tons of my father's documents into my own room. However, the idea was rejected. But no more! Muahahaha! Just today, in just 3.5 hours, the entire study room was cleared. Files and folders all transferred to my grandma's room. Not to worry, since my grandma does not need to study, I doubt she really needs much space.

This is the cleared space.


Sorry for there is no before picture that you can compare it with. Just imagine a big shelf covering the 2 pipes and the USA map filled with books and a big wooden table in the center of the room. It is rather small actually but I like it that way. Everything is within reach and there is a cosy feel. My mother and I will be painting the unfinished wall and start shifting my bed, tables, chairs and etc. So exciting! My sister and I are going to be next door neighbours! :D

I am truly grateful to my parents for allowing and helping me with this. I am truly thankful to God for having a roof over my head as well.

My room will most likely be done in 2 days time and I am a very happy boy! :)

2 comments:

Kath said...

Congrats! It will be truly nice to have a space you can call your own. Happy painting!

aar.n said...

To kathryn: Thank you! It really feels good! Won't get blamed for untidiness! :P