Thursday, October 11, 2007

Right or Left Brain?

I stumbled upon something very interesting. My brother's friend were talking about it and I asked what's it about. They brought me to the link and I tried it.



Do you see the dancer turning anti-clockwise or clockwise?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain and vice versa.

Most of us would see the dancer turning anti-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction; see if you can do it."

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses logic
detail oriented
facts rule
words and language
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS

uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above chunk was just copied. The first impression and answer you give is the most accurate answer. You do not have time to think of the other way. I saw the dancer turning clockwise but according to the information, I'm a right brainer which is rather interesting. I find myself to be more on the left side. Oooh... So coool.. It's like knowing your secret powers! Ya right. Have fun people!

13 comments:

amazed. said...

i'm a rightie!

aar.n said...

To smile for me :): Cool. It's hard for me to imagine I'm a rightie because I don't do well in arts!

D. said...

IM A RIGHT BRAINER!

I always thought Im a left brainer!
All these drawing Im doing must be changing my brain!

aar.n said...

To daphne: Hmm.. More and more people who did the test are telling me they see it going clockwise at their first impression. I really have a feeling the information posted in that link has a mistake. But, it's just for fun so yea, have fun. Haha

Kath said...

Clockwise - i tried imagining it going anti-clockwise but just cannot! Maybe its bugged!

amazed. said...

haha i'm versatile then!i can make it go anticlockwise! haha

aar.n said...

I can do it too!

Anonymous said...

hello aaron! this is so cool! & weirdly interesting! i'm a right-brainer for sure, i can't everrr seem to see it anti-clockwise, at all! no matter how long i stare at it, or try to change the way i see it!

Kath said...

Haha, i can see it both ways now - its tricky... the figure is alternating clockwise & anti-clockwise - look at the feet... its not going consistently in one direction. Or its my imagination. ;p

Jessica said...

This is really interesting!!!

aar.n said...

Hmm, not consistently going one direction is really interesting. I thought it was how you looked at it. If you use the body as a vertical axis and put a clock face through the center and the face faces upwards, it goes clockwise. However, if you face it downwards, it goes anti-clockwise.

Does it make sense? haha

Jessica said...

Actually it really depends how you look at it. =/

Eunice T. said...

but she's going in both directions. She changes direction after a while. I also saw her doing clockwise in the beginning.