Saturday, September 1, 2007

Where is the family?

Fiesta Oneness! I wanted to give more thought about it that Friday night during cell. When Matthew asked who wanted to go, I happily raised my hand. During the announcements, Matthew used me as an example and said, "Look at Aaron, he took the courage to step up and join in this event." I was surprised and gave the "why arrow me..." expressions. Anyway, I felt that giving support to these kind of family events are rather important if we are to grow together. Plus it was a one time event so it was okay.

At the registration counter, I was made group leader and I was in greater shock! It was because Major Bob's father-in-law passed away and he was unable to attend the event. Another thing that surprised me was the amazing number of troopers from the youth that signed up for it! There were 13 youths there I reckon? Praise God for that!

The games were rather easy but one may feel embarrassed with the people observing and thinking, "Why are these yellow people running about for?". Did not have time to think what others thought but focus on the team and their participation. It was all held at corp and junction 8 which was good for those who dislike moving around too much. The tonic water that started off the event was... As I drank it down, there was a slight spicy taste to it. Found out that tobasco sauce was added in! Definitely fired up our bodies for the rest of the day. We walked around looking for answers to the treasure hunt. Lots of pictures were taken too.

The whole thing took only about 45 minutes to complete. After that, our group headed to Kim San Leng for tea. I had fun talking with the adults. They share a lot of their experiences like auntie Lucy and her stay in Victor Harbor, South Australia. I believe it was an enjoyable day for everyone. :)

Cheerios!

No comments: