Thursday, September 27, 2007

My 6 Days of Work

I took on a job to help Kat's father with the deliveries. Job scope involved loading/unloading of goods, being a navigator and speaking to clients with regards to their goods. I must say it is a labour intensive job. Everytime I go home, I feel clean because I perspired a lot.

The goods can be heavy. The weight of a carton of umbrellas is astronomical! Sometimes the goods are light but they are bulky. I am very surprised that everything going out for a delivery can fit so nicely into the van. Uncle Alan has superb judging skills!

I've also been to places I have never set foot in before. The addresses were so foreign to me. Where is Teck Whye Lane? Ceylon Road? Ghim Moh Road? Even for the places which I've heard before like Choa Chu Kang and Bukit Batok, they have not been explored for almost my entire life! So I did manage to learn a bit more about Singapore.

Food! Prices are about near my school's. I always eat from the same rice and dishes stall because the variety is good and the taste is yummy too. Accompanied with that is a cup of iced coffee to keep me awake!

Lastly,

Me! Me! Me! Pick me!!!

6 comments:

D. said...

So am I right to say that we can see Aaron with less stomach soon after all the labour work?

Hahaha.
:D

aar.n said...

To daphne: Wrong! :D

Jessica said...

Purple colour teddies!

HELLO AARON!

aar.n said...

To jessica: Haha! There were green and brown ones too! Hello!

Anonymous said...

hahah all your foreign places are like near the houses i have stayed in before...

aar.n said...

To yurong: Haha! Really? I guess I am a noob.