Friday, March 16, 2007

Food glorious food!

I have not gone around and tried all the exotic food that Australia has to serve but the food in school serves something very interesting. We will hold on to that for a while.

Every morning, I wake up at 7.45 am. I go for a shower, a brush of teeth and breakfast I prepare. Bowl, low fat milk, Milo cornflakes and then munch crunch grunch krunch away. Then I leave at 8.45 am. I walk to my work place. I will not talk about the work portion. That will come in another entry. Let's continue. My lunch break varies and there is no fixed time to eat. The duration you take to eat can vary too. But I usually eat with my friend at around 12.30 and take up an hour. The first lunch was at the school's only eating place and cafeteria. They served burgers, sandwiches, vegetable burgers, salads, fries, wedges, snacks like sweets, chocolates are sold too but what made my day was this.


Anybody up for some chinese food?


It's gonna be messy.

Yes yes I know it looks disgusting. What you see at the brim is beef with some cream sauce. Sorry it's not chinese food. Below that level is lamb with some reddish sauce which i cannot explain and below that is rice. So it is all smacked into that one container. How you order it? The box simply costs $6. There are 6 dishes in total. You can choose what you want to put in it. If you want pure beef, the cafe worker will fill it up with beef. If you want 6 dishes, why not? You will just get less of everything. It is nice. I think the sauce is the one that I love the most. It is just Oh my~. If you simply order meat, it will be very filling. $6 is expensive but it is nice so I will spend less on dinner and spend more on lunch.

I was very happy as I ordered it not because it looks so good but because I always see actors in movies eating chinese food and they come in this kind of boxes. Everytime I see that I think to myself, "I want to eat in that kind of box too! They make it look so delicious! Ahh~!". So finally my dream was answered. However, the box looks shorter than the original ones. This box has a carrier too.

I didn't know UniSA made sweets!

Mom! School is making me fat!

It is sweet. Raspberry flavoured. I believe it is for their orientation package. Not good for health so no no. Eat a bit can.

I had sausages, vegetable soup and rice for dinner. I cooked the sausages. My mother said it is fresh sausages.

Agree with me and say mmmm~!

That is currrently what I have to offer, next issue will be on my crib so do not miss out! :] Miss you all!

3 comments:

Anne said...

AAROOOOONNNN!!!!!!!!!!!

THE FOOD LOOKS GOOD!

:D

love,
N

Eunice T. said...

ohh! I wanna see your house! Hope you're getting used to live there! I'm sure u'll get used to it fast eh? Since it's so much slacker... :)

aar.n said...

To Lurong: yes yes! The sauce is kaboom!

To eunice: Just wait for next issue! hehe. I think it's too slack! Haha