Sunday, March 18, 2007

Welcome to my crib!

Country roads, take me home, to the place I belong...
South Australia, mountain mama, country roads, take me home..


Voila!

In view a concept looking house. Not just my house, millions of them!


This is my street.

I walk the lonely road, blah blah blah...

As you can see from the 3rd photo, it is very dead. No problem for me. It is not something that I can experience in Singapore. Maybe you can but I do not know where. The area is very sparse, there are still houses under development and many plots of land have been sold. If you go to Google Earth and type 62 The Strand Mawson Lakes 5095, you will see that the area is still sand. It is a newly developed area.

The house is not that big. This is the living room.


Alright, my laptop is featured there and so is my red slippers. Can you pinpoint my room in this picture? :] I currently do not have my own room so I frequently work in the living area. I will work there until tuesday for one of the roommates from Taiwan is shifting out to the city. Morven will then shift upstairs and have his own room. The room is square. "Oh oh oh oh oh! Square rooms. Oh oh oh oh oh! Square Rooms!!" It's from the song "Square Rooms" by Al Corley. Not funny unless you know what I am talking about.

This is where the master chef prepares his low fat, healthy, nutritious and absolutely delicious delicacies!

Ah~ Bonjour mademoiselle.

The house is a house. They also have a washing machine, a bath tub that is not working, a shower, an ironing board and iron, 2 toilet bowls, a back yard to hang clothes.

I think the funniest object in this house is this,

So small!

It is really very small! 15 cm wide only! I do not brush my teeth there for there is another sink in that toilet beside the washing machine which is bigger and harder to miss.

The people staying here are great too. There is a Malaysian girl, a Singaporean boy who is 5 years my senior in BPS and stays in Bishan (amazing!), the landlord's son, the taiwanese guy shifting out, morven, my mother and a very kind lady named Rosemary from Papua New Guinea. Everything is going well. Relationships within roommates are growing too.

Next issue, I am going to cover on my weekend! Do not miss it! :P

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

your street looks like some sort of deserted town in a horror movie. the kind where some man with a bad childhood ends up turning humans into wax figures.

you know. that kind of movie.

:D

Anne said...

i like the place! good for errr.... somersaults? :D

AARON I MISS U! :D

aar.n said...

To Shihui: Yea! To me, it feels like those cowboy shows where there is a dusty wind, a tumbleweed rolling across the road and you see 2 men in cowboy costumes having a showdown! And you add in the standard cowboy music. I hope you know the sound! :P

To Lurong: Somersaults? How? Oh! Somersaulting along the road? Hahah I can do pushups on the road without worrying about a car banging me! Hahaha I miss you too!

Eunice T. said...

OMG. Are u serious??! The sink is tht small??! Hehe! Next up, u've gotta show some pics of ur workplace and collegues. Well, pics of a few hot babes and guys to go with it wouldn't hurt. ;)

aar.n said...

To Eunice: Yes indeed! However I do not brush my teeth there. Yea. My head will be banging everytime I try to spit out. Well, my colleagues and workmates will have to wait. Must warm up the ice until all has melted then I can start taking pictures with them! :]

Anonymous said...

hi! an empty street? cool... haha, i think all the funky and colourful architecture are really cool :D take care!

Anonymous said...

haha u look like u're having fun man. take care dawg. \m/

aar.n said...

To Isaac: Okay lah.. Haha i only got 18 weekends to explore Adelaide and go shopping. Weekdays is just work work work. Haha