Thursday, March 8, 2007

It's time

The Australian embassy's phone lines are open Mondays to Fridays except Wednesday. And they open 1430-1600h. Very unique. Anyway, Morven and I decided to call on a Wednesday but since the embassy operates like that, we had to try on Thursday. I managed to get through, Morven too. We checked the status and were told that once we bring our itinerary and a bank account with money, we can get our visas. It felt slightly nice to know that there is some progress moving now.

Yesterday, I applied for my exit permit too. The day before yesterday, my dad told me to go call Central Manpower Base (CMPB) and ask if I had to do it, but I answered in the way as if I knew the answer and said, "No need lah.. Really.. It's under school what, and I must come back. Not necessary.". My dad got upset with the way I replied him and walked away. In the end, I said, "I'll call lah, I'll call lah." in a frustrated tone. So yesterday, I called them up and they told me I must apply for it! I felt really bad after how I treated my dad and knowing that I was in the wrong. I apologised to him that night. He said it's okay. I felt better. Thursday, exit permit application went through. Thank God it was fast.

Exit permit done, visa collected, air ticket bought and now packing.

I think I'm almost done. Or am I?

I'm very sad to know that I'm leaving my friends for 5 months. I am going to miss everyone. Sigh.

3 comments:

thangdora said...

fish, i'll miss you too. tummyrub

Zen|th said...

5 months will go by in a flash.

aar.n said...

Yep, it will pass in a flash!