Friday, March 23, 2007

Into my stomach

God is good! All the time! All the time! God is good! We survived 10 days! Praise the Lord!

A new pokemon has been registered into my pokedex.

The cheese is peeling off my bread!


I went to the cafeteria one day at 1.30pm and realised that my favourite $6 Chinese box has no more meat to serve! I decided to shift my head towards the burger section. I saw this burger named Beef Schnitzel. Schnitzel sounds interesting, the word looks interesting, interesting pronunciation so it must be an interesting burger. It cost AU$5.50. Its turns out to me like deep fried beef. The beef's exterior has a crispy crust and you see beef in the interior. Look at the burger again. No sauce to go with the vegetables?! In Singapore, we eat burgers with chilli sauce, mayonaise and such but in Australia, they do not do it. I am fine with no sauce because I get to taste it naturally. I was satisfied with the burger and plan to try out the others soon.

I also tried out the Lunch Express at IndoChina. It is a restaurant cum cafe selling asian food. You pay $6.90 and select 3 dishes from 6. Similar to the Chinese box in school. My housemate Ian (Singaporean) said they served big portions. I think it is not too bad. Fried rice, chicken wings and deep fried battered pork.


I also had Chinese boxes for lunch again. They served different dishes so I had to try it. I took pictures of it but I think it is not necessary because you know how it rougly looks like. Lots of sauce! Read the entry on Food glorious food to see the picture if you want to see.

I have decided to eat sandwiches for any meal that I eat at home. It may be boring but I think it is good for me to do so because it is healthy and easy to prepare. I will eat out if I am out. A sample of my sandwich.

Behold the tower of POWAH!

Friday night, I went out to eat subway with my mum. Since she was leaving the next day, we decided to eat out together for the last time until I see her again. We went to Subway! They had a new flavour called Roasted Garlic Peppercorn Steak. Something new so we tried it out.

Yea~


There are a lot of Subways in Adelaide. Eat fresh eat fresh. the price of a 6 inch is an average $5.95 and a foot long is price at an average of $8.95. More expensive than Singapore so the best is to buy a foot and share with someone. Hehe

Just yesterday, the 24th of March, I went out with Morven and Ian for dinner. We went to The Promenade, which is just a 5 minute walk from our house. Ate at IndoChina. I had beef with phat thai. They gave a lot of beef! The portion was bigger than the phat thais served in Singapore. It was indeed satisfying. It cost $12.90. Morven ate beef and mee goreng and Ian ate Chinese style fried rice. The ambience of the place was nice too. It was warm unlike outside.

Lots of meat!


For Morven's dish too!


No beef for Ian.

This is the latest up to date meals that I have eaten in Adelaide. I may have left out a few like Hot Chips which is simply fries. Thank you for reading! I write about my work life in the next issue!

*I made the resolution of the pictures to 640x480. The size of the file has also decreased so uploading is faster and loading is faster. I am taking quite a long time to write out my issues because the internet is rather slow. My apologies.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Aaron, why you keep eating Asian food?! HAha.

aar.n said...

To Alicia: That is not true! I ate the beef schnitzel? Subway? Hot Chips! Beef from Australia! :P

Anonymous said...

my dear, subway originates from north america and schnitzel, germany. the only australian thing you're eating is the COWWWW.

(moo.)

aar.n said...

To Shihui: Oh! Hahaha! Jia lat. Aussie got no nice food from them. No originality. Hahaha

Zen|th said...

Yeah, don't eat asian food. Eat lots and lots and lots of meat!

Subway has become my favourite fast food during my work.

aar.n said...

To Zenith: Haha it's good! But I think it is expensive only. I can make my own subway! I have light honey mustard sauce!

D. said...

do they have stir fried kangaroo/koala meat there?
like we have ostrich and deer meat here?
=/

aar.n said...

To Daphne: Yes they do have kangaroo meat. Koala meat never hear before. I have not tried it. I do not know where to find it! Haha