Thursday, March 1, 2007

The big kid

During the time when I was not ripe enough to learn driving, I had thoughts of making my own 4 wheeled transport which could get me the feel of a car. If you cycle, you will feel the same like riding a motorcycle. The only toy I remember was the one where students had to learn road safety at some place during primary school. You could either walk, cycle, or pedal the carcycle? I wonder if you all know what I am talking about. I was walking in Toys "R" Us today and behold.. it was sitting on the shelf.

It looks just like this.

Indeed it's HOT and FunkY!

I think the one used for the road safety lesson was bigger. Here is another picture of the Super Monaco XLR.

A gear knob!?

Yes it's true! The red lever is a gear shifter! This carcycle has 2 shift positions, neutral and drive. Powered by 1 human power, has a simple chain drive so speed is limited. However, imagine what you can achieve if you modify the gears and it travels faster than a bicycle? The future of all pedal cycles lie within this machine! Does anyone know where to get an adult one? :D

These are some other pictures I took around the place.

Say cheese!! "Woof!"


Penguin 1: Where are we going Pa?
Papa Penguin: I don't know! We must trust God always!

No comments: